Sunday, October 26, 2008

Zoho Office suite, a great alternative

Today I needed to open an document with .docx format, Microsoft Office 2007 new format.  But I didn't want to download any software or the compatibility pack, which I know off.  So I though one way around this is using google docs to upload the document, and then either copy past, or export to my version of word.  Unfortunately, google's service does not support docx at this time.  So I tried the next alternative Zoho writer.  It worked like a charm.  Uploaded the file, copied it out of the browser and pasted it into my format of word.  I could have exported and all, but this worked just fine, it was a page long document.  Zoho has come a long way since I first tried it.  And I have to say their applications are more powerfeull with every update, and more complex.  They are offering all sorts of services, I hope they can manage and keep up the good work.  Try it out, you won't regret it, if you need an alternative to Microsoft Office, or even openoffice, though you need an internet connection.  There are ways to use it offline, but not as good as openoffice.org offering for the desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment