Saturday, November 1, 2008

OpenSuSe 11.0 on Inspiron

So for the past few months I have been running OpenSuSe on my Inpiron 13 laptop.  And I have to say, it's almost falwless.  Well there is one command I have to run in the cli to disable my Hard Drives powermanagement, because if I don't it just keeps spinning my Hard drive up, and down, which reduces it's life.  Otherwise, I can't complain.  It has something which is similar to expose, which I loved on my Mac OS X.  Everything I need or use is available as a free software, I was even able to install ie6 via wine, and it runs fine, a couple of problems with plugins, but otherwise it makes it possible for me to visit some of the IE only sites.  Great and Stable OS.  Would recommend it to anyone looking for alternatives to Vista or XP

No comments:

Post a Comment