Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who needs photoshop?

Today I was playing around with SmugMug, my favorite photosharing, storing site.  I used to be a fan of flickr, but switched about 6 months ago.  SmuMug feels more professional, and with a few more options. plus what sold me is their support and response time when I had a problem.  Today I was able to upload two pictures, one via the browser one via Picasa, yes there is a button you can add to upload images to SmugMug from here.  It worked great.   While I was playing with the options in SmugMug I noticed something new that wasn't there the last time I was on SmugMug, a link to edit a photo in Picnik.  I knew this service from before, but this was the first time I see it built into SmugMug.   I mostly use RAW for my pictures and my favorite software is Bibble Pro for prosessing the RAW Images, it's fast, and they have a Linux version too.  So far they are at version 4, but version 5 is coming out this year.  It's a great tool, and does all I need for photo editing.  So does Picasa, and f-Spot, but Bibble is my first choice.  And since I am on a linux system, I need something opensource and free, so there is the Gimp, which is a great and powerfull tool.  Lets think a little bit about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment