Saturday, December 14, 2013

Chagned Laptop OS to Sabayon

I've been thinking for a while to change distributions, Ubuntu has served me well for years, but I wanted something new.  I thought of OpenSuSe, but that's also a yearly, or by-yearly release.  This time I wanted to move to a rolling release, bleeding edge ASAP.  Kinda liked the idea.  So, now the question, which distribution, Archlinux comes to mind.  But I wanted something in between, bleeding edge, and a bit more user friendly, I'm lazy what can I say.  Ended up choosing Sabayon, sounded good, and the install went smoothly.  First boot, setup wireless, and then run the updates, now there I did something wrong, and puff the system wasn't booting to KDE anymore.  Had to connect to my router directly via network cable, bummer I know.  Then logged in to terminal and was able to run the update commands.  And now I am using the system again.  Still have a few apps that I need, like virtualbox, mount my NAS, and so on, but those are small details.  The system is stable and running, and I am enjoying it so far.  As a matter of fact, browsing is faster, I can't figure out why so far, or maybe it just feels faster???

No comments:

Post a Comment