Saturday, October 23, 2010

Will linux catch up to the hype of iPad?

I've been thinking about getting an iPad, but naturally I looked around at the competition.  From what one of my friends sent me, link to some no name Android based iPad clones, made in china.  Well I think those will cause more harm to the market than good for the Android Tablet sector.  Many of those have the cheapest components, but even the OS is not upgradeable.  The screens are touch screens but not capacitive, I've heard many users complain that when you press an icon it activates the icon next to it.  All these will contribute to give Android based tablets a bad name.  While the big manufacturers such as Samsung are planning to release some really good, higher quality Android tablets, but at 4 or 5 times the price.  Will Apple dictate this sector just because they came out with it first?  Will it be the same like with the iPhone?  Although I was an iPhone user for about a year, I have switched to Android.  What caused me to switch was that I managed to damage the iPhone and it's price in the market is not realistic.  I love my Android based HTC wildfire.  Well see how the tablet market will change.  I see a tablet more and more useful for everyday surfing, reading blogging than a laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment