Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What do we really use the computers for?

Well, I am actually writing this from my work laptop which happens to be a windows computer, with a dual boot Open SuSe 10.2  Though I could not get the SuSe to work with my wireless router at home.  It works fine at work.  But really those days what do we need computers for? Office suite?  Open office is an alternative.  Not perfect but it's getting better every day.  E-mailing, well even if you don't have a full fledged e-mail client, you can probably reach your work email through the web interface of either lotus notes or MS exchange.  So really buying todays computers which come with loads of ram, and a super duper twin core crunching CPU's are for Visa.  Is it worth it?  do we use that power really.  Or is it just a waist of money for the hardware, not to mention that most come with the Vista Home Basic, which is probably worse than an XP Home? not sure really, but I don't even care to tell you the truth.   Because I will probably not install Visa.  I will have to learn it sooner or later but for the time being, I am happy with Ubuntu/Open SuSe, and XP at work.. This is todays ramblings......

No comments:

Post a Comment